College media Business & Advertising ManagersBOARD OF DIRECTORS NOMINATIONS & ELECTIONS
EXPECTATIONS & OPEN POSITIONS DESCRIPTIONS
TERM: CMBAM Board of Directors members will begin their term on January 1, 2023. Programming-Elect is a one-year term that becomes Programming Director the following year. Student Director is a one-year term. All other director terms are two-years in length.
BOARD RETREAT: All board members are required to attend the annual board retreat (virtually) in late summer.
MEETINGS & COMMITTEES: Board members are expected to attend a weekly conference call, and additional committee meetings (as needed) for planning and strategic development.
TRAVEL & CONVENTIONS: Board members are expected to attend the annual CMBAM convention. CMBAM will cover all travel and lodging expenses related to these requirements.
ONGOING PROGRAMMING & CONTENT: Board members will collaborate with committees and CMBAM membership to create online webinars and training opportunities throughout the year.
The individual elected to this position will serve two years on the board, one year as programming director-elect and one year as programming director. The programming director-elect will work with the programming director on the following responsibilities.
- Promotes, organizes and coordinates professional and technical development of members through workshops, events and informational programs
- Attends and serve as co-coordinator of CMBAM annual convention, including venue, dates, content, and logistics, subject to board approval
- Manages convention registration
- Collaborates with programming committee
- Develops and maintains programming related relationships with allied media organizations and product vendors
Two student directors will be elected to serve on the board for one-year terms. They will collaborate on the following responsibilities.
- Engages with students throughout the year during and months leading up to convention via social media and CMBAM.org
- Serves on the Programming Committee.
- Creates and maintains a directory of current students of member organizations
- Gathers emails of student attendees upon registration to begin communication of CMBAM announcements and facilitate student Slack platform
- Recruits students for, and serves as chair of, CMBAM Student Advisory Board and effectively communicates/delegates roles to bring more value to student involvement
- Presents the “Issues Facing Student Managers” session at the annual convention
- Contributes regular content to CMBAM.org
Vice President of Membership
- Responsible for the recruitment and retention of members and ensuring they receive benefits that exceed the value of their membership
- Fulfills the duties of the President in the event of their absence
- Meet with the membership committee to discuss and implement strategies to recruit and retain members
- Implement programs and strategies to recruit new member organizations
- Retain existing members through programs, benefits, and communication
- Work with partners, vendors and sponsors to secure member-only benefits
- Contact any past media organizations that have not renewed membership
AND AWARDS DIRECTOR
- Supervise all contest and awards activities including writing and revising contest rules, recruiting contest judges, and coordinating the award presentations at the annual convention
- Recognize outstanding members throughout the year
- Develop new ways to recognize and evolve CMBAM awards
- Contribute content to CMBAM.org